Category: Ham Radio

The ultimate old-school geeky pursuit

Hams in Space

No, no, not those Hams in Space! I meant Amateur Radio Operators that are Astronauts. Ever since Owen Garriot, W5LFL, flew aboard STS-9 in 1983, there have been a series of Ham Operators aboard the Space Shuttle and the International

Posted in Ham Radio, Rants, Tech Stuff

OMG! It’s been a month

…since I last posted here. What have I done since then? Let’s see. The robotics team has built another robot. I got my Director’s number on the Geratol Net. I’ve gotten a month older… That’s about it. The robot for

Posted in Cycling, Ham Radio, Humour, Robotics

7 Band Dipole Continued

Today I finally got around to working on the 7 Band Portable Dipole I wrote about earlier. I had finished building it, but hadn’t tried it out or even seen if it works. One thing that delayed me was my

Posted in Ham Radio

Building the 7 Band Portable Dipole Antenna

Warning: Ham Radio-related content. If that bores you, better steer clear of this post. I don’t know what inspired me to do it, but I have undertaken the construction of a portable antenna for my Ham Radio operations. Probably just

Posted in Ham Radio, Tech Stuff

This site is not intended for readers in the EU, but some might wander in. We don't use cookies for any of our own purposes, although some plugins or services incorporated into this site might. We don't believe cookies are a serious threat to your privacy and don't support the EU's paranoia. As such, if you don't consent to the use of cookies, or don't believe that the information conveyed by this site is worth the miniscule risk, please close your browser and go read a safe newspaper.